April 19, 2018
Businesses everywhere are going green. They use fewer paper products, recycle printer cartridges, and use natural materials in renovations. Switching to green cleaning products isn’t just a publicity stunt, it has real benefits for business owners and employees. Find out what’s in some of the products you use and what you’ll experience when you go green.
There Are Toxins in Your Cleaning Products
Cleaning products have warning labels that say they’re hazardous to humans and animals for a reason. Here are some of the most common toxins:
- Phthalates – Dish soap, air fresheners and other products use phthalates to carry fragrances. These endocrine disruptors are inhaled from the air and absorbed through skin.
- Triclosan – Dish detergent, hand soap and other antibacterial products contain this potential carcinogen.
- 2-Butoxyethanol – Window cleaners and degreasers contain this toxin that can cause sore throats and damage the liver and kidneys.
- Chlorine – Anything that claims to bleach away stains likely contains chlorine. This respiratory irritant may also disrupt thyroid function.
Green Cleaning Is Good for Business
Eco-friendly cleaning supplies don’t contain anything you or your employees can inhale or absorb through the skin, and they’re gentler on surfaces, too. When you switch to green cleaning, your business will experience the following:
- Improved air quality – When you use regular cleaning products, you spray or sprinkle chemicals into your environment. It may smell pine fresh, but the scents are toxic and the chemicals are dangerous. Green cleaning products have a lighter scent that comes from natural ingredients, or no scent at all.
- Money savings – Green products are often less expensive than their unhealthy counterparts.
- Peace of mind – As a business owner, you know you’re not doing anything that can cause your customers harm. Clients purchase from you with confidence, knowing their dollars support a business that cares. Employees struggle less with asthma and other respiratory issues caused by caustic cleaners.
While many commercial cleaning services use whatever products cost less, Image One USA promotes healthier businesses and environmental protection by offering green cleaning. Contact us to find out more.
If for some reason you are not completely satisfied and we can’t resolve your concerns, we offer a return of up to 100% of one month’s fees.