6 Tips to Prevent Employee Sick Days this Winter
December 1, 2020
Winter is already known as a peak time for seasonal illness, and with COVID-19 thrown into the mix, it’s getting harder to decipher the differences between which symptoms we should be concerned about. When it comes to personal health, we can never be too safe. Right now, it’s incredibly important that we take the right steps, and that starts with taking a moment to educate ourselves about the best practice for preventing sick days. Here are a few of our tips for business owners and how Image One’s office disinfection services can help you bolster your defenses against COVID-19:
- Encourage Flu Vaccine: As the cold weather starts to hit, the first tip we have is to encourage your employees to get their seasonal vaccinations. According to CDC recommendations, everyone six months and older should get an annual flu vaccine. If possible, you may be able to host a clinic at your facility.
- Respiratory Etiquette and PPE: Social distancing and mask-wearing have become the societal norm, so it’s essential we continue these habits in the best way possible. It might seem like a no-brainer, but encouraging your employees to cover their mouths while sneezing or coughing could also go a long way.
- Hand Hygiene: The CDC has also recommended that all businesses should have hand sanitizer available in all shared spaces. You may want to consider providing each of your employees with a personal hand sanitizer to keep on their person or at their desk. If you’d like to learn more about this subject, check out the FDA’s hand sanitizer FAQ.
- Keep Your Space Warm: Research has shown that maintaining a warm body temperature is a great way to fight back germs and viruses. Office spaces can get chilly, but it might be a good idea to invest in a space heater to keep your people warm if need be.
- Working from Home: If an employee is feeling sick or presenting with symptoms, it’s in your employees’ best interest to keep that person away from your group. Quarantining might be a quick way to get cabin-fever, but it’s a better alternative than spreading a sickness. If your business can operate remotely, it might be best to keep your employees home and reopen your office when the time is right.
- Hire Office Disinfection Services: At Image One, our top priority is client satisfaction. Our office disinfection services are the best way that we can lend a helping hand right now — the techniques and solutions we use are all approved by the EPA and CDC.
We understand that there are a lot of business owners who have never thought to hire these services in the past, so you may find you are unfamiliar with the process as well. We want to help you get the most out of your available budget, so once you contact us, a member of our team will come to assess your situation and then provide you with billing information. Choosing the right office disinfection services is not as simple as choosing the first provider you see.
If you want to learn more about how to avoid hiring the wrong brand, here are a few resources we have prepared for you:
- Blog: Hiring an Office Cleaning Services Company: Avoiding Common Mistakes
- E-book: Guide to Choosing the Right Cleaning Service for Your Business
- Blog: Save Time and Make The Most of Your Budget with Our Janitorial Cleaning Services
If you’d like to learn more about our office disinfection services or request a full facility audit, contact a member of the Image One team today. We look forward to speaking with you!
If for some reason you are not completely satisfied and we can’t resolve your concerns, we offer a return of up to 100% of one month’s fees.